I was not sure I was going to enter the GDP Challenge this week. I have had a lot on and was not sure I was going to find the time to do a project justice. Then I realised that one of my tasks for the week was to plan my August Class Projects. I decided that I would be using the Pieces & Patterns stamp set and that I wanted to include some inking techniques using the new Gloss Paper.
The first card I made, seemed to hit the brief for the GDP Challenge perfectly; this is a Theme week, and the theme is ‘Kids’. Well I think this card would be ideal for kids of all ages.
I love this stamp set and the matching Designer Series Papers, there are just so many styles in it, so it works for all ages and all occasions, which is EXACTLY what I look for in my supplies.
Unusually for me, there is no video to go with this project, so here is a brief description of the steps:
- Heat emboss the ‘dash’ pattern on the Gloss Card using Versamark and White Embossing Powder.
- Using an Aqua Painter, apply Crushed Curry and Sahara Sand Ink to the Gloss Card (use more water for a more ‘fluid’ background.
- Using Archival Black Ink, Stamp the sentiment and image on a scrap of Whisper White Card. Once it is dry, colour in the ‘WILD’ using Flirty Flamingo and Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Die Cut this piece using the Layering Squares. This is a little tricky as you have to part cut using a small square and then line it up again to make the rectangle – or just cut it on your trimmer!!! I will show you how to do the rectangle in a future Top Tip Tuesday Video.
- Stamp the dashes down the edge of the layer for the inside of the card using second generation Crushed Curry and Sahara Sand.
- Assemble all the pieces using Fast Fuse for the Gloss Card (to help flatten it out) and Dimensionals for the sentiment.
the Supplies to make this cute card? Hop over to my online store and
get the items you need to do so delivered to your door
your order is over £25 (plus P&P), please use the Hostess Code:
share in the Hostess Rewards for this month AND become a VIP. If your
order is over £150 (plus P&P), please don’t use the Hostess Code
as you will get to pick your own rewards, but don’t worry, you will
still become a VIP Reward Member.
July anyone who places an order of £25 or more in my online store
will also be entered into my Giveaway – one entry for EVERY £25
Stampin’ Up! Is running Bonus Days, so for every £45 you spend with
me in July, you will get a voucher for £4.50 to use in August!!
Starter Kit is ALWAYS great value just £99 for your choice of £130
of products (with no additional P&P), but throughout July you get
addition to your choice of £130 of products, you will receive an
Essentials Kit and the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set – total value
£65. The Essentials Kit includes 2 x D Blocks, Grid Paper, Paper
Snips, SNAIL Adhesive and a Bone Folder. All in all making this the
PERFECT time to:
base – A5 folded in half to form an A6 base