I have had a few questions about the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit and what sort of things you could put in it that would work together and be a good base for both someone who just wants to make the most of the fantastic offer, but also for someone who might want to run some classes or host a couple of events with their friends.
These questions coincided with the arrival of my latest box from Stampin’ Up! (I will never get over the excitement of a delivery and ripping the box open), so it was a perfect time for me to show shiny new product straight from the box. As during Sale-a-Bration you also get to pick two free stamp sets from either the Annual or Spring/Summer Catalogue, it makes the kit even bigger than usual. So what did I include, and why?
In the video I put together I started with the basics of inks and cardstock, so will do the same here:
- In Colour 2016-18 Classic Ink Pads – this set will get you a good range of colours, and as it is a ‘set’ you get it at a discount
- Memento Tuxedo Black – this works well with all stamps and with the blender pen
- Blender Pens – you get three in the box
- Watercolour Pencils – these are new to Stampin’ Up! and are very popular. They can either be used on their own, or with the Blender Pen to give you more of a watercolour effect.
- Whisper White A4 Smooth Cardstock (40 sheets) – this is perfect for stamping on
- Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock (24 sheets) – brilliant for card bases
- Succulent Garden Cardstock Pack (24 sheets, 8 each of Mint Macaron, Old Olive and Tip Top Taupe) – these are some good soft colours that will work well with the watercolour pencils
- Fruit Stand Cardstock Pack (24 sheets, 8 each of Pear Pizzazz, Peekaboo Peach and Watermelon Wonder) – again some good colours to work with the inks and the watercolour pencils, but with a bit more of a ‘pop’
- Basic Black A4 Cardstock (24 sheets) – this is a good stable and a foil for some of both the soft tones and the brighter ones I have included in the kit
- Falling in Love 12 x 12 Cardstock (24 sheets, 8 each of Soft Sky, Sahara Sand and Blushing Bride) – 12 x 12 can be used for cards, larger boxes and scrapbooking, so good to have a few sheets of this larger size on hand
- Falling in Love Designer Series Paper (12 sheets, 2 each of 6 double sided designs) – so pretty, and perfect with the stamp sets I have included
- Whisper White C6 Envelopes (40 in a pack) – you need something to put your cards in!!
- Succulent Gardens Ribbon Duo Pack (2 rolls: 4.6m each of Whisper White and Sweet Sugarplum) – this ribbon is so soft and luxurious and the colours work with the inks and the Designer Series Paper I have included.
- Basic Rhinestones – everything is better with a bit of ‘bling’
- Basic Pearls – will work really well with the Falling in Love Designer Series Paper
- Dazzling Details in Gold AND Silver (both colours can be included)
- Beautiful You
- Papillion Potpourri
I hope you have found this interesting, or useful, or both. If you are interested in giving this a go, then please click the link here:
This is the full list of my Starter Kit picks: